Bill of Rights for Childhood Asthma Kids
For parents who have an asthma kid or toddlers asthma child or know
parents who do, here is the Bill of Rights for Children with Allergies and Asthma.
A child with allergies and asthma and his/her family have the right to:
- Be presented with the proven scientific facts of asthma and allergies in a manner that raises
appropriate concerns and avoids needless anxiety.
- Be cared for by a supportive physician who provides preventive management of asthma and allergies
as well as treatment for acute episodes.
- Live in a smoke-free environment where reasonable attempts at eliminating relevant allergens are
- Have full and personal access to appropriate medications and devices so that potential scholastic,
athletic, and social achievements are not limited by otherwise uncontrolled asthma or
- Learn self-management skills to minimize dependence on medical personnel, emergency clinics, and
- Expect teachers, school nurses, coaches, camp counselors, and other adults entrusted with their
care to understand the enlightened handling of children with asthma and allergies.
Allergy and Asthma Network - Mothers of Asthmatics, Inc.
Go to Home page from Asthma Bill Of
Copyright © 2008-2014 All Rights
Reserved. No part of this page may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, whether
graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, by any information storage retrieval
system or any other method without the written permission of SickHouseDoctor.com